As Jetex air filters are made from cotton, it is necessary to clean them from time to time. It is simply a case of removing your Jetex filter from the air box and following these steps:
- Dislodge and tap away any large dirt particles and debris.
- Wet the filter lightly in cold water.
- Use a suitable sized tray and fill with the cleaning solution. For flat filters there should be enough Jetex Cleaning Solution. to just cover the filter. For round filters and cone filters, create enough depth so that the filter can be rolled in the solution.
- Once the filter has been soaked in the solution, leave for 15 minutes or so to dissolve the remaining dirt.
- Next, rinse the filter in warm water at a low pressure from the inside to out (so that dirt does not move back into the filter).
- Allow the filter to dry naturally. Do not use extreme heat to dry the filter.
- Once dry, lightly spray the filter with Jetex Oil until the filter is an even light blue colour.
- Pat down any excess oil with an absorbing cloth.
- Your filter is now ready to re-use!
To order, visit our online shopping cart